Device and Contact Information
When you visit this website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse this website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to this website, and information about how you interact with this website.
We collect this Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on this website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse this website.
As well as the Device Information that is collected automatically, we also have a contact form on this website where you can elect to share Personal Information with us voluntarilty. This information includes your name, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Contact Information.”
We use the Device Information that we collect to:
- Help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address);
- Improve and optimise this website (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with this website;
- To assess the success of any marketing and advertising campaigns we may generate.
We use the Contact Information we collect to:
- Communicate with you in the lead up to any services or information you may have enquired about;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
Should we contact you using your Contact Information mentioned above, it will be to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how this targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- Clicking the “Unsubscribe” link found at the bottom of any marekting emails your receive.
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
How we use your information
To provide you with our graphic, web design and branding services, we require up-to-date and accurate information about you and your business.
We will seek your preference for how we contact you about your design needs. Our usual methods are telephone, email or text message.
Your information is normally used only by our designers but there may be instances where we need to share it – for example, with:
- The supplier of any outsourced print or similar production services
- Providers of any web-related plugins
- HMRC for tax purposes
We will only disclose your information on a need-to-know basis and will limit any information that we share to the minimum necessary.
In certain circumstances or if required by law, we may need to disclose your information to a third party not connected with your service, including HMRC or other law enforcement or government agencies.
Keeping your information safe
We store your personal information securely on our computer system using password protected software. Your information cannot be accessed by those who do not work for Pye Design; only those working for Pye Design have access to your information. They understand their legal responsibility to maintain confidentiality and follow procedures to ensure this.
We take precautions to ensure security of our premises and computers.
We keep your records for 10 years after the date of your last contact.
Access to your information and other rights
You have a right to access the information that we hold about you and to receive a copy. You should submit your request to the Pye Design in writing or by email. We do not usually charge you for copies of your information; if we pass on a charge, we will explain the reasons.
You can also request us to
- Correct any information that you believe is inaccurate or incomplete. If we have disclosed that information to a third party, we will let them know about the change
- Erase information we hold although you should be aware that, for legal reasons, we may be unable to erase certain information (for example, information that may void a warranty or guarantee)
- Stop using your information – for example, sending you marketing information as mentioned above
If you do not agree
If you do not wish us to use your personal information as described, you can email us at email@example.com or discuss the matter with our staff. If you object to the way that we collect and use your information, we may not be able to continue to provide your service.
If you have any concerns about how we use your information and you do not feel able to discuss it with Pye Design, you should contact The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF (0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745).